Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Want to set background-color only under the title of categories widget in the sidebar

Old Feb 12, 2009, 04:21 AM
MarkusM.

10 posts · Feb 2009
Hi together,

first, I want to thank you for this amazing theme.
I saw it and the decision for it was not hard at all.

Now I'm trying to configure the layout of the theme to move it a little bit nearer to my other site layout.
I'm currently working on the left sidebar, which have two elements, the search and the categories, enabled.

I already set the settings for the sidebar to
Code:
border-right: solid 1px #CCCCCC;
border-left: solid 1px #CCCCCC;
border-top: solid 1px #CCCCCC;
border-bottom: solid 1px #CCCCCC;
in oder to get a solid border around the whole sidebar. Worked fine.

But is it also possible to set a table around the title of the categories widget and fill it with a background color ?
The normal background of the sidebar should stay white. I only want to underlay the categories title with another background color.

Many thanks in advance,
Markus
Old Feb 12, 2009, 07:21 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can address the title box of the categories widget like this, through HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts

HTML Code:
div.widget_categories .widget-title {
border: solid 1px #000000;
background: #eeeeee;
padding: 5px;
}
Old Feb 12, 2009, 10:00 AM
MarkusM.

10 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn,

works great, thank you for the quick answer.
But is it also possible to stretch the table to the border of the sidebar (without padding to the left and right) ?

Regards
Markus
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:51 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The space left/right is a 10 px padding on the parent container, the sidebar, not a margin on the widget itself.

If you change the padding of the sidebar to 0 at Sidebars -> LEFT Sidebar style / RIGHT sidebar style the widgets will stretch from left to right.

Then you can get any kind of sophisticated widget styling at A. Theme Options -> Widgets. Play with the padding and margin values on all these containers: Widget Container, Widget Title Box, Widget Title (this could be styled as another box too, although it refers to the <h3> of the widget title and the widget title text inside), Widget Content Box.

You'd very likely want either a padding or a margin or both on the Widget Content Box or the widget content would touch the left and right borders of the sidebar
Old Feb 12, 2009, 02:33 PM
mannitol

6 posts · Feb 2009
UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
You can address the title box of the categories widget like this, through HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts

HTML Code:
div.widget_categories .widget-title {
border: solid 1px #000000;
background: #eeeeee;
padding: 5px;
}
Flynn,

Would I be able to set the font for the left/right side panels here also?

Sorry for hijacking the thread by the way!
Old Feb 12, 2009, 04:45 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannitol
Flynn,

Would I be able to set the font for the left/right side panels here also?

Sorry for hijacking the thread by the way!
The above is for widgets in both sidebars

To have different fonts in the sidebars address them separately at Sidebars -> LEFT/RIGHT sidebar style, there's one style box for each sidebar