Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Cannot get HeadSpace to work with Atahualpa Theme - any suggstions?

Old May 27, 2009, 10:13 AM
BJoy

3 posts · May 2009
Cannot get HeadSpace to work with Atahualpa Theme - any suggstions?

Hi,

I'm Using
Wordpress 2.7.1
Atahualpa 3.2
Headspace2

Atahualpa has some SEO stuff in it, but it lacks the ability to accept meta description and keywords for posts, so that's the feature I'm most looking for.

I've made the adjustments in the Atahualpa Theme options. It's possible I got lost in the yeses and nos, however, I tried multiple combinations so I think I've tried everything.

In the Headspace settings, I put meta description and tags in global, home, and posts. The meta descriptions and keywords disappeared from the source page of the home page and did not show up on the posts.

Within the add/edit post area, the Headspace interface showed up, so I know it was properly installed.

Are these compatible and I'm missing something or are they incompatible? I've seen other posts here, so I'm guessing they are compatible.

Incidentally, I also tried All in one SEO, but couldn't get that to work. I don't recall the details.

Thanks,
Joy
Old May 28, 2009, 09:25 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Just to be sure: Once you activate Headspace most of Atahualpa's own SEO options should be automatically disabled. Did you put the meta description text into Atahualpa Theme Options -> SEO -> Homepage Meta Description? The text that you put there should indeed be ignored once Headspace is activated
Old May 28, 2009, 11:05 AM
BJoy

3 posts · May 2009
Yes, Flynn, it is my understanding that once I activated Headspace, Atahualpa's SEO options should be automatically disabled. However, no meta description appears at all.

Yes, I put the meta description text into Atahualpa Theme Options. I also removed it. Then I put it back, and so on. Unfortunately, you're right that the Meta description is ignored when Headspace is activated, whether or not I have it in Atahualpa. In other words, I have no meta description when Headspace is activated.

Joy
Old May 28, 2009, 08:16 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Could you turn on the "Default" theme for a second (and then switch back again) and see if it works there, to see if this is indeed caused by Atahualpa
Old May 28, 2009, 08:22 PM
BJoy

3 posts · May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Could you turn on the "Default" theme for a second (and then switch back again) and see if it works there, to see if this is indeed caused by Atahualpa
Will all the changes I made to the theme come back automatically? I don't have time to reconfigure everything, so I don't want to screw it up.

Thanks,
Joy
Old May 29, 2009, 02:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
swapping themes will not effect your Atahualpa settings.