Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Any way to Ignore CSS created menu code styles?

Old Oct 1, 2011, 04:27 PM
GRF

76 posts · Mar 2011
I use a program from OpenCube to generate a custom sidebar menu. It contains all this custom CSS code in it to produce my desired menu.

When I use a text widget to include the code in the sidebar it must conflict with styles used in the theme as it looks aweful and not how it looks on a website.

Is there any way in the theme to allow the CSS to "pass through" without the theme getting it and rendering it. I guess what I'm saying is, anyway to override the styles in the theme just for my custom sodebar menu?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 05:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Try sticking the custom CSS in the CSS Inserts
Or put an !important at the end of each of the custom CSS rules
Old Oct 1, 2011, 06:29 PM
GRF

76 posts · Mar 2011
I tried that. I replaced all ";}" with "; !important}"

Is that the correct syntax? Doesn't seem to have an effect. Here is an except of the menu CSS I changed

//Core CSS
document.write('<style type="text/css">.imcm ul,.imcm li,.imcm div,.imcm span,.imcm a{text-align:left;vertical-align:top;padding:0px;margin:0;list-style:none outside none;border-style:none;background-image:none;clear:none;float:none;display:block;pos ition:static;overflow:visible;line-height:normal; !important}.imcm li a img{display:inline;border-width:0px; !important}.imcm span{display:inline; !important}.imcm .imclear,.imclear{clear:both;height:0px;visibility :hidden;line-height:0px;font-size:1px; !important}.imcm .imsc{position:relative; !important}.imcm .imsubc{position:absolute;visibility:hidden; !important}.imcm li{list-style:none;font-size:1px;float:left; !important}.imcm ul ul li{width:100%;float:none !important; !important}.imcm a{display:block;position:relative; !important}.imcm ul .imsc,.imcm ul .imsubc {z-index:10; !important}.imcm ul ul .imsc,.imcm ul ul .imsubc{z-index:20; !important}
Old Oct 1, 2011, 07:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the ':' comes after the '!important' so it might be 'color: red !important;