Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Category page shows excerpts with posttitle as read more link, how do I remo

Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:47 AM
Zenman

24 posts · Feb 2011
In the Excerpt settingS I changed the read more option to [lees verder...]. This works fine, but
on a category page the posttitle also offers the possibility to enter the full post.

How do I remove the hyperlink to the full post that is connected to the posttitle on a category-page?

http://www.de-a.nl/category/nieuws/

Is it possible to make the whole excerpt on a category-page clickable to enter the full post?

How do I change the word "category" in http://www.de-a.nl/category/nieuws/ to "categorie"?

Thank you!
Old Apr 16, 2011, 08:12 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Using the title is how WordPress works and is what many people expect. If you want to make the title "look" like it doesn't link go to ATO>Style Posts & Pages and look for "Headline box: Links". You can style it there.

To make the whole excerpt clickable it would seem you would need to use the manual excerpts box and create a hyperlinked div with the excerpt text in it for each post.

For renaming category look in the footer boxes in ATO>Post/Page Info Items.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 08:50 AM
Zenman

24 posts · Feb 2011
Thanks,

I understand your reply to no. 1. and 2.

The solution for 2. seems to cause a lot of labour and manual tweaking though.

3. I meant this:
How do I change the category-page-hyperlink like
Code:
www.de-a.nl/category/nieuws/
to
Code:
www.de-a.nl/categorie/nieuws/
Has it something to do with translation/language? Where can I change this?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:31 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Setting a category base of categorie in WordPress>Setting>Permalinks in the Optional section might do the trick.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 02:00 PM
Zenman

24 posts · Feb 2011
Ahhh, of course! Thanks again. Over and out.