Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Home link in page menu on all pages except home page - possible?

Old Jun 9, 2014, 04:05 PM
morgana123

48 posts · Jun 2010
I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I'll be tied up if I can find it! Sorry!! Just point me at the answer please. ATA 3.7.12 : can I have "Home" in all other pages menus at the top, but not on the Home page itself? TIA for any help!!

- morgana123
Old Jun 9, 2014, 06:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could hide it with css.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 06:45 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could use body.home before the selector for the home menu and set it to display none. For the selector you could use a tool like Firebug to determine it or set a class for the home menu item in the WordPress menu builder.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 06:59 AM
morgana123

48 posts · Jun 2010
Sorry to be dense, but would you please be able to offer a sample of the css I'd need to use, to do this? I get that you're encouraging us to learn, but I will gladly contribute to the till, and I'm under deadline. Many thanks for whatever you can do.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 08:13 AM
morgana123

48 posts · Jun 2010
Got it! [ embarrassed smile ] For others, I did this: body.home .menu-item-64 {display:none;} (determining via Firebug that the Home menu entry was item 64) Thank you, both moderators, for encouragind me to stand on my own two feet.