Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

NextGen Album Path not correct....

Old Jun 8, 2009, 03:54 AM
jim

50 posts · Mar 2009
When i add an album, extended or compact, the path shows as the page url and will refresh the page rather than open the album.
If i add a gallery to the page it has the correct path and shows the images.

It would appear to be a setting problem but i cant figure what setting applies????

Can anyone point me in the right direction please

I might add that there is a possibility that i fiddled with the template some time back, but i would think only experimenting with borders and such.......Note to self and other aspiring Atahualpareers......Keep Track of EXPERIMENTATION!!!.....save the likes of Flynn and Juggledad
Extra Work.....on the other hand the guilty might be a source of good donations, but anyway its good to keep track........
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Jim,
To see if it os an Atahualpa issue, temporally switch to the default theme and see if it is still a problem
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:25 AM
jim

50 posts · Mar 2009
I switched to Default and it is the same.

I forgot to send you the example page ....it is here
http://tothegarden.org/wp/?page_id=745
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If the problem shows up when using the default theme, it's not a Atahualpa issue. It maybe an issue with NextGen and another widget or with NextGen and the way you have things installed.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:50 AM
jim

50 posts · Mar 2009
Considering that the ngg gallery shows correct and the same ngg gallery dragged into an ngg album loses its path, would you think its fair to surmise its a problem within the ngg.
I have upgraded the ngg and there is no change.
The only widget i am using is the wp page widget apart from the custom field widgets which are not applied to that page and anyway the problem showed up before i introduced any custom field widgets.
Is it reasonable to assume i can uninstall and reinstall the ngg and not lose the order of my image library?
http://tothegarden.org/wp/?page_id=745
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:46 AM
jim

50 posts · Mar 2009
Ok i have studied my ftp and will uninstall the ngg and install anew one....fingers crossed
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:07 PM
jim

50 posts · Mar 2009
Well that was a bit brash of me.....now i will have to repopulate my galleries and of course i have lost my example page image content so dont bother going there.....education in action...ho hum.
Back to the begining. If i didnt have a broken thumb i would never have the time for this, providence comes in strange guises.......I will let you know if its solved the path problem.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:31 PM
shedhed

52 posts · Mar 2009
Bramhall, UK
Jim

I've experienced a similar problem the last couple of days after updating the gallery plugin. First of all clicking on a gallery would just refresh the page. I cured this by using the "reset option" on the Gallery setup page.

Next I noticed that the slideshow option was not working. I did some searching and it seems to be related to the choice of permalink style within the Wordpress setup.

I couldn't find a solution for that, even on the plugin forum and it does come up a few times there. It was working before updating the plugin.

There was another update for the plugin today; the changelog didn't refer to this problem but I'll give it a go. Wordpress advises that there is an update for the plugin and then tells you it hasn't been tested on my version (2.7.1) but the plugin homepage says it is.

Andy

Post-posting - I've just noticed an "Activate Permalinks" option on the gallery-options-general options page and that has fixed the slideshow problem.

Last edited by shedhed; Jun 8, 2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: New info...
Old Jun 8, 2009, 01:10 PM
jim

50 posts · Mar 2009
Hi Andy
Trust the cavalry to arrive two minutes too late. Anyway its nice to know you are experiencing the same problem, if you know what i mean, a problem shared is a problem.... . Anyway it was nice of you to show up. That page refreshing when i hit the album was doing my head in!!
It will take me a bit of work to pull this back together and then i will look into your observations.
I have installed the updated version and i will get back to you with anything new.
cheers......jim
Old Jun 8, 2009, 02:31 PM
shedhed

52 posts · Mar 2009
Bramhall, UK
Yeah Jim, sorry about the bad timing. I noticed I was a couple of hours behind the times; it's that work malarkey that gets in the way! When I checked the forum yours was the latest post and the "gallery" bit caught my eye.

Good luck with getting your pics back on.

I took a look at your site; nice design. I did notice that the pictures extend beyond the width of my browser (I'm running 1024 x 768) resulting in a horizontal scroll bar. I'm using Firefox 3. I tried the site in IE8 and that doesn't overflow but it is cropping the images. Hope this helps with your site tweaking.

Andy
Old Jun 8, 2009, 03:48 PM
jim

50 posts · Mar 2009
Yes you are right it does need a bit of tweak. It is something of a major operation to figure out all this stuff.....But the album function does seem to be behaving itself now i have reinstalled it. A bit disconcerting that.....Its interesting that you fixed it by hitting the reset button. I wonder what got reset, The activate permalinks tickbox apears to be empty by default. Methinks something was a bit askew generaly speaking.....thanks for the support....jim