Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Category Menu Items Are Getting Deleted Automatically!

Old Jul 20, 2013, 04:32 PM
GRF

76 posts · Mar 2011
Category Menu Items Are Getting Deleted Automatically!

Has anyone ever seen this? I happens every time. I will add some page items to my Catagory menu, save them and for a few hours they are in the menu.

Then a few hours later, the catagory menu items are gone!

When I log into my Wordpress panel I have to re-add them.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

I'm using Atahualpa 3.6.4 & WordPress 3.3
Old Jul 20, 2013, 04:39 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The first thing I would do is get WordPress, all your plugins, and Atahualpa up to date. You are working with unknowns.

Be aware that if you have made changed to the theme or WordPress core files those changes will have to be redone. The images stored in the atahualpa/images folder will also have to be copied to the new version. With 3.7.12 however you can configure the theme so future upgrades will be seamless.

Also it is always a good idea to do a complete backup before updating.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 11:22 PM
GRF

76 posts · Mar 2011
Well I upgraded WordPress to the latest version, and all active plugins and was working on configuring something in the blog and in another browser views my blog and it happened again.

Not only are some of the menu items gone from the menu below the header but something always deletes a specific page. Good thing I keep a backup of the page source so it's easy to create again.

I don't think it could be the Atahualpa 3.6.4 theme. I have it on a few more blogs and nothing like this every happens.

The blog is on a hostgator server. Do you think I should ask them what this could be? Mabey some kind of virus on the host server.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 01:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Your host would certainly be one place to check. I don't know what to tell you about an intermittent issue like this.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 04:59 AM
Zigmund

1 posts · Oct 2014
Same happens to me. All of my plugins and themes are updated. My pages only seem to stay in the category menu while I'm logged in for some reason.

When I log out and back in again they're gone.

Also I've been trying the Venus Factor and I'm seeing results pretty fast.

Last edited by Zigmund; Jan 14, 2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa?
What is the URL?
Are you using a WordPress custom Menu or the Atahualpa automatic menu?
does this happen if you swap to the twenty-thirteen or twenty fourteen theme?