Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Specific image rotation on page?

Old Jun 27, 2009, 08:16 PM
blueprairie

98 posts · Feb 2009
Is it posssible to set up the header image so that is loads from a different directory of header images (still random) but specific to the active page? so images/headerhome would be one set of images and images/headerpageone would be a different set of images?
Old Jun 28, 2009, 08:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could muck with header.php and copy the existing code and add a is_page(..) to identify the page you want the new code on and the directory to grab the images from

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 23, 2009 at 04:20 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 03:05 AM
zagato

4 posts · Jul 2009
This is nearly a month old, but because I wanted to have this solved for a website of myself and juggledad showed the right direction, I thought I'll just post what I did to make that work:

Edit "bfa_rotating_header_images.php" from Atahualpa's "functions" folder.
Look for this code:
PHP Code:
$imgpath TEMPLATEPATH '/images/header/';
$imgdir get_bloginfo('template_directory') . '/images/header/'
Change it to something like this:
PHP Code:
if (is_page('11')) {

$imgpath TEMPLATEPATH '/images/header/special/';

$imgdir get_bloginfo('template_directory') . '/images/header/special/';
    } else {

$imgpath TEMPLATEPATH '/images/header/';

$imgdir get_bloginfo('template_directory') . '/images/header/';

This will show all the header images from the subfolder "special" (which I created in the "/images/header/" folder of the theme) on the page with ID 11.
To find out the IDs of pages, I use the WP-Plugin "Reveal IDs for WP Admin", which is handy.

Hope that helps.

P.S.: If there is a better way which will preserve the extra code after updates, I'd be happy to hear.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 03:12 PM
Friland

17 posts · Aug 2009
Thank you Zagato!
It works.
Now, I only use my website as a 'traditional' website and not a blog.
I would like to have a different headerimage on each page.
I thought I could use your idea but then only have one image in the folder you call 'special'.
Then I would obviously have to create many folders within the 'header' folder.
I tried to copy paste your code and create a new code for each 'special' folder. Something like this:

if (is_page('11')) {
$imgpath = TEMPLATEPATH . '/images/header/special1/';
$imgdir = get_bloginfo('template_directory') . '/images/header/special1/';
if (is_page('12')) {
$imgpath = TEMPLATEPATH . '/images/header/special2/';
$imgdir = get_bloginfo('template_directory') . '/images/header/special2/';
if (is_page('13')) {
$imgpath = TEMPLATEPATH . '/images/header/specia3/';
$imgdir = get_bloginfo('template_directory') . '/images/header/special3/';

} else {
$imgpath = TEMPLATEPATH . '/images/header/';
$imgdir = get_bloginfo('template_directory') . '/images/header/';
}

But it certainly doesn't work! (And I know that I am very new to this stuff!)

Do you have an idea of how I can solve my problem with having different header image for each page and sub-page I create?

Thank you a bunch on beforehand,
Lukas
www.friland.org/wordpress (a page in progress. just mock-up for now)