Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Clickable Header & Problem linking images

Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:10 PM
tim55057

47 posts · Sep 2010
2 Issues I'm having.

-I have "make header clickable" to go to home selected but isn't working. Does it have something to the use of WP 3.0 custom menus?

-Also when I go to link an image, it isn't always taking. It just goes back to a blank linking form. I have the Super-edit plugin as well as Shutter, reloaded. Do you think it could be conflicting with something? I'm also using Chrome.

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2010, 02:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of atahualpa and wp?
What is the URL showing the issue?
Old Oct 28, 2010, 02:33 PM
tim55057

47 posts · Sep 2010
WP 3.0.1 (current) and the Beta Atahualpa 3.5.3.

It's any URL I try to link up to an image.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 03:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Atahualpa 3.5.3 is not beta, it is the current release.
What is the url of your site and can you describe where on your site the issue is.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 06:42 AM
tim55057

47 posts · Sep 2010
Good morning juggledad. Are you a dad that juggles your life, or a father with a juggling hobby? I'm also a magician, as you'll see here.

http://timfreeland.com/

Is the header not clickable because of the rotation??

Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2010, 07:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
(both)

the problem is caused by the code that is used to do the fading - shut off fading for the header and it will work. This issue is being looked at.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 01:45 AM
rickpoet

80 posts · Jan 2010
Hi,

Wondering if this was ever resolved. I'm encountering it myself here: http://www.uschillel.org/

I have rotation turned on and also have the image set in ATO to link to the home page. Using the latest version of Atahualpa (3.6.7)

I know they don't want to turn off the rotation...

Thanks!

Rick
Old Sep 13, 2011, 04:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
No. The jscript that causes it was lifted from the Internet and it's author has acknoledved the issue and abandoned it.

You could put a widget area in the header - replacing the images - and try the. Plugin 'dynamic header'
Old Nov 5, 2011, 06:39 AM
Gushina

1 posts · Nov 2011
Richardson, Texas
Thanks, Juggledad! I am having the same problem and will try your suggestion.

Blessings,

Gushina

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 5, 2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 01:33 PM
measure2x

52 posts · Apr 2009
Appleton, WI
I'm trying to solve this also. I'm running 3.7.9.

Not finding any plugin called "Dynamic Header", but there's a "Dynamic Widget" and "WP Display Header".

I'm willing to pay someone to fix this, if necessary.

see it here: homegarden-journal.com
Old Sep 13, 2013, 03:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
http://wordpress.org/plugins/dynamic-headers/ was the one
Old Sep 16, 2013, 04:48 PM
measure2x

52 posts · Apr 2009
Appleton, WI
Ok, I got it installed and followed the instructions for the plugin and have come to this:

"You have 2 options for adding your dynamic header:

Option 1 (Recommended): Simply drop the this line of code into your theme file that controls your header (usually header.php)

Note: The location to add this code can vary widely from theme to theme and depending on your theme's css settings you may have to use Option 2 and modify the CSS of your theme **BACKUP ANY THEME FILES BEFORE MODIFYING**

<?php if(function_exists('show_media_header')){ show_media_header(); } ?>

This will automatically determine what type of media you are using and generate the appropriate code to insert it. No other coding is required on your part.

Option 2: You can use this line of code to simply get the URL of the media for a particular post or page. This will allow you to do some more advanced things and embed the media yourself if you know what you are doing.

<?php if(function_exists('dh_get_page_image_url')){ $dynamic_header_url = dh_get_page_image_url(); } ?>

You can then use the variable $dynamic_header_url however you see fit. It will contain the full path to your media file for that particular page/post, including any default media that should be shown.
It is advised that most users simply use Option 1 if at all possible, as it is significantly more simple.
Note: This function can return NULL or the string 'None' if there are no headers for the current page.

Important Notes: On archive pages, the header media is controlled by the first post in the list. We plan to add control for archives pages separately in a future release, but for now, be aware that the first post on an archives page controls that page's header. "

So where the heck to I stick this code? I'm thinking in bta_header_config.php - but, where? And will this negate the rotating images?

Thanks!!!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 05:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
replace the %image in the 'configure header area' option with a new widget area
add a text widget or a php aware widget to the new widget area
if not using a php aware widget, install the plugin 'exec-php'
add the code they give you to the widget

What you will have done is replaced Atahualpa's header processing with the dynamic header processing.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:33 AM
measure2x

52 posts · Apr 2009
Appleton, WI
Ok, you lost me. I'll just post this on Elance.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 01:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
really? this should take 5 to 10 minute
1) install the plugin 'exec-php' and activate it
2) in the 'configure header area' option , remove the %image and replace it with
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=dynamic header area'); ?>
3) go view the site (this enables the widget area
4) go to dashboard->appearances->widgets
5) add a TEXT widget to the 'Dynamic Header Area' widget area
6) add your code to the text widget
7) test it out.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 03:10 PM
measure2x

52 posts · Apr 2009
Appleton, WI
Ok, but now it doesn't rotate through the images. The header is linked to the home page, but it's static on one image.

Rotating images is a nice touch, but if it's this much of a pain to get it hyperlinked I'm just going to abandon it.

Thanks for trying Juggledad!!!!