Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Static background image for page menu bar

Old Oct 1, 2009, 11:23 AM
nevaratoiel

10 posts · Oct 2009
I can't find any information on this. I hope I explain it right. My issue is:

I want the background of the Page Menu Bar to one background, no border, and transparent backgrounds (no border) for the categories.

So basically I want a bar, just like bar1 or bar2, but with one static background image, that's behind all menu items.

I would also like for my menu to start about 100px (or more) further from the left side of the site.

Would anyone be able to explain to me how to do this? Which files, which part of the code?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 12:57 PM
nevaratoiel

10 posts · Oct 2009
Am I being impatient or doesn't anyone know the answer? Or was my question not clear? Please let me know if anything is unclear.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 02:30 PM
fencepost

17 posts · Oct 2009
Schaumburg, IL
First off, you may not be getting an answer because you're posting in the wrong place. This is where you'd post questions like "How do I post questions to this forum?" rather than questions about any of the themes.

Second, you'll likely need to fiddle with the CSS for div#menu1 (for the background and horizontal positioning), and possibly for .page_item or li.page_item if it turns out that those are opaque and are hiding your background image.

I recommend using Firefox, installing the Web Developer Toolbar, pressing Ctrl-Shift-Y (or picking "View Style Information" under the toolbar's CSS menu) and checking the styles being applied to the elements you're working with.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 02:38 PM
nevaratoiel

10 posts · Oct 2009
Well, that wasn't very nice. I'm new to this forum and I thought this was where you ask questions about the coding and the workings of the themes.

Sorry if I posted them in the wrong section. Where should I post these kind of questions then?

Thanks for answering anyways. I'll try fiddling a bit then.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 03:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa, WP and PHP?
what is the url to the site?

please read http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3441

(I've moved this thread from 'How To' to 'Page & Category Menu Bars')
Old Oct 2, 2009, 08:44 PM
fencepost

17 posts · Oct 2009
Schaumburg, IL
No offense meant - I mentioned it in part because the original forum shows up at the bottom of the screen and many forum users may never look that far down.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 02:23 AM
nevaratoiel

10 posts · Oct 2009
Well, thanks to fencepost's tip, I fiddled and fiddled and fiddled some more and I finally worked it out... somewhat... it looks the way it's supposed to. Thanks a lot. I just tried adding a background: URL tag and 'transparent' to the various 'div#menu1' tags. It was some work, but I finally made it. I just didn't know where to change what.