Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Customizing "read more" to restart at top of page?

Old Feb 16, 2009, 02:15 PM
DeeM

2 posts · Feb 2009
Customizing "read more" to restart at top of page?

Hi.

First I should send out a huge thank you to the developers of the Atahualpa theme for Wordpress. It has been quite a time-saver.

I'm wondering if someone can help me. I would like to set my "read more" links so that they lead to the top of the specific post page rather than to the middle (where the article left off).

The Wordpress Codex has information here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Customizing_the_Read_More , saying to replace this:

Quote:
$output .= ' <a href="'. get_permalink()
. "#more-$id\">$more_link_text</a>";
with this:

Quote:
$output .= ' <a href="'. get_permalink()
."\">$more_link_text</a>";
in wp-includes/template-functions-post.php .

But I can't seem to find that file anywhere in any of the theme folders in the directory.

Should I be looking for a php page with a different name to make this change?

Thank you.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 04:26 PM
DeeM

2 posts · Feb 2009
My apologies. I seem to have answered my own question.

If anyone is in search of a solution, the StripTease plug-in here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/striptease/ works wonders.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 05:54 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
wp-includes/template-functions-post.php is not a theme file, it is a core Wordpress file, you would have to look for it in the main Wordpress directory