Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Category of Thumbnails?

Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:53 PM
karenika

5 posts · Dec 2009
Hi,

I would like to create a way to pull out all the images in a category and display them as the category content and then have each of them be clickable. i am happy to do this as pages if it's easier or any other hacks at all.

let me give an example:

1. i create a post that has an image from my art journal and some text that explains the page etc. let's call this img1. i select "art journal" as my category.

2. i create another post, same as above but another image img2.

3. when a user clicks on category "art journal", I want them to see

img1 img2 (thumbnails or real size not too worried here.)

and then each image clicks through to the post it came from.

here are some things I found that i could use:
1. there's a function that extracts images from a post (I can run that on a loop for a particular list of posts)
2. there's a plugin i think that posts thumbnails in excerpts so i thought i could make it so ONLY this "art journal" category is displayed as excerpt and then use that plugin

I am open to ALL suggestions. ANY way of doing this. any and all ideas are MOST welcome. Is there a way I can alter the theme so for that category ONLY it shows the images in the post (with links) instead of the content?

thanks so much in advance.
Karen
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:55 PM
karenika

5 posts · Dec 2009
here's the method to get images from a post that i thought could help.

http://www.wprecipes.com/how-to-get-...and-display-it
Old Dec 17, 2009, 03:16 PM
karenika

5 posts · Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenika
here's the method to get images from a post that i thought could help.

http://www.wprecipes.com/how-to-get-...and-display-it
i got it working! thank you