Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Excerpt not showing [...], so i can't replace it with a read more link

Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:38 PM
25jai

7 posts · Jul 2009
Hi,

Really love your theme, it gives me a great flexibility on how my site should look. Anyways, I realized that i don't see the [...] part at the end of my excerpts pages. I wanted to replace that with a [read more] link or some sort, but since i can't find that, it is not letting me replace. Did i do something wrong? i'm pretty sure i did not remove that part in anywhere, because i don't know where that [...] part is at in the theme files haha.

Please help out, if you know what i am doing wrong here.

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 02:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showpos...8&postcount=11
and http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...hlight=excerpt
and http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...hlight=excerpt
Old Jul 7, 2009, 02:52 PM
25jai

7 posts · Jul 2009
The first one, i've done to make it work with homepages. That had no problem and that actually fixed the problem i had previously. The [...] part does not show at all in any excerpt pages, such as categories. The other 2 i've read as well before posting this, but it did not solve my problem. My main problem currently is that even though i have a read more tag in a post, at the excerpt it does not show [...]

If you would go to my page www.tcuc.ca/english you might understand more.

Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:45 AM
25jai

7 posts · Jul 2009
Does it have to do with what version i'm using, the theme and the Wordpress version?
I'm using 2.8 and the theme is 3.3.3

I'm really stuck at why the [...] is not displaying, even in other places such as Categories page.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:20 AM
25jai

7 posts · Jul 2009
ok, i found out what my problem is why the [...] part is not showing, because my posts are not long enough to get "cut off". So i used the Custom Excerpts plugin and it lets me customize how many words to get cut off. But now i have a question. I see that if i change my theme back to the original theme, it shows the read more tag in excerpts. How do i do that in Atahualpa's theme?

I know in this thread: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...hlight=excerpt

it says that only Full Posts can show it. Is there a way to change in the code to make excerpts show the read more tag as well?