Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Posts not displaying

Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:52 AM
Webunet

45 posts · Aug 2010
[SOLVED] Posts not displaying

For some reason, none of my posts are displaying, website http://www.logcabindirectory.com/blog/

My settings are to display the latest post.

I removed a Menu plugin I had installed that was causing issues with my pages and reverted to standard WP menu.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:28 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just to be sure... What are the setting in Settings>Reading?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
something in your last post is causing an error in wordpress. make it a draft.

Did you by any chance do a copy/paste from a word document - that gives wordpress fits.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:06 AM
Webunet

45 posts · Aug 2010
Hey Juggledad,

My Settings>Reading - Your latest posts

I removed my last post per your suggestion, but that didn't change anything. Still seeing no posts. Strange...I was seeing different things in browsers. Firefox & Chrome showing the menu, header, sidebars but no posts. MSIE was showing same, but post would come & go. Purged caches, opened/closed browsers, still erratic behavior.

I thought WP might be the culprit so I re-installed WP. No change.

Was using a menu plugin (UberMenu), but that seemed to be choking pages...every other page view required a refresh. So, I removed that & deleted it. Sometime after that is when I started seeing that the posts were not displaying.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:39 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In your first post you mention you are using the standard WordPress menu. Do you mean you have a menu created in Appearance>Menus? If so then make sure the home menu is accurate. You may also want to try setting permalinks to default, save, and set back to what you currently have.

Bottom line is to go through the various theme and WordPress settings, take a look at your recent posts in the html view for bad code.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:15 AM
Webunet

45 posts · Aug 2010
Yes, I have a menu created in Appearance>Menus. I even created another menu to see if that would display properly. The menu displays. The center column with the posts shows nothing.

I changed permalinks back to default, saved and tried to view - same problem. I changed them back to my custom setting.

Recent posts' HTML looks clean.

Can you think of anything else that might be causing this? I have 300+ posts in this blog and it gets decent traffic. I hate being down :-)
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:26 AM
Webunet

45 posts · Aug 2010
Does this help?... When I click any of the recent posts (L-hand sidebar bottom) or the "About" tab (which is a local page) nothing appears in the center column - just like recent posts. So is my issue focused on some glitch with the center column? The only code in the ATA Center Column Style is - padding: 0px 15px;