Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

I want to get shortcode working in the sidebar...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:12 PM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
I want to get shortcode working in the sidebar...

I've tried 3 plugins that were supposed to do this, and it didn't work. I'm going to assume a compatibility problem, and I need the plugins that are there, so I went hunting for another work-around.

Found this:

http://englishmike.net/2008/07/07/wo...idebar-widget/

It says to edit the functions.php and put some code in there.

"Find a place between the <?php and ?> tags which is not in the middle one of the functions that may already be in the file (the very top or bottom of the file are both good places) and add the following line:
add_filter('widget_text', 'do_shortcode');

So...I'm wondering where the safest place to do this is?

Can I do this somewhere in the Atahualpa Options, and not edit the functions.php? If not, where would be the safest place within the functions.php to do this?

Thanks.

Velma