Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Struggling to install and implement Similar Posts ( V: 2.6.2.0) WPress plugin.

Old Apr 22, 2009, 02:33 AM
pano

4 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn
Congrats on a great theme series and forum.
Can you help me please regarding the use of the “Similar Posts ( V: 2.6.2.0) wp plugin?

I’m trying to get the similar post published at the bottom of my posts - To make this sit comfortably on the page I’d like to add a title (H1) Related Articles:-

In his article “Wordpress Tutorial - Adding Similar Posts” Andy, of Affiliate-Minder.com, recommends that after downloading the plugins you :- …..
……. you need to edit the single.php template if it exists, and if not, either create that file using the index.php

Edit the template in a text editor, and add the following code to the template at the point in your page where you want the similar posts to appear:
<h1>Related Articles</h1>
<?php similar_posts(); ?>
Here you can see it in my Affiliate Minder site’s index.php template:…….

.. A simple question please what the devil is he talking about? Can you point me in the right direction to do this please?
Thank you in anticipation that you feel you can help
Pano
Old Apr 22, 2009, 06:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Hi, did you just try it? I just installed it and the 'Post-Plugin library' plugin that it requires. I then went to dashboard->settings->similar posts and told it to Match Current post's author (yes), save the options, clicked on PLACEMENT (one of the options at the top of the page) and set Output after post to yes and tada, it worked.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 09:23 AM
pano

4 posts · Feb 2009
Hi juggledad

Thank for helping.

Yes, I installed the library as well as similar posts but when I tried your suggestion, unfortunately, it did not work.

Thanks again all help and suggestions are welcome.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 09:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What happens? can you post your site name?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 09:49 AM
pano

4 posts · Feb 2009
Hi juggledad

My site address is :- http://crohnsdiseasemindandbody.com/ Do you think its the version of Atahualpa that I'm running? Do you think I should upgrade to v3.3.2/
Thanks for the help you're offering.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It looks like you have 'Post Footer' plugin try disabling it and see if that works. Actaully, I would disable all the plugins and just activate the 'similar posts' plugin and see if it works. If it does, activate 5 more plugins (keep track of which ones you are activating) then see if it works, if it does, activate another 5. When it stops working, deactivate the five and activate them one by one to see which one causes the problem.

If deactivating all the pluging doesn't help, switch to the default theme and see if you can get it going there. If it won't work on the default theme, then it's not an Atahualpa issue and you should go to the authors page and see if he can help you. good luck
Old Apr 22, 2009, 01:37 PM
pano

4 posts · Feb 2009
Hi juggledad
Will try as you suggested. Thanks for your generosity in trying to help.
Paul