Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

footer changed w/ update to 3.4.9

Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:07 AM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
It now contains the date, my categories and tags and the 'leave a comment' link.

What I need is copyright info. Was it the upgrade that caused the problem or have I done something?

Here is the site: arthritis-alternatives.com

thanks.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
looks like the copyright info is in the footer - did you do something - do you have a caching plugin?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:58 PM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
Do you see the copyright info? I don't see it. It looks like the line I want for copyright is the default in ATO so I must have over ridden it somehow. No, I don't have a cache plugin. At least that I know of.

Old Oct 10, 2010, 02:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I see
HTML Code:
Copyright 2010 Arthritis Alternatives - All Rights Reserved
Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on our WP Forum

Content Protected Using Blog Protector By: PcDrome
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:06 PM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
1) I see it at the bottom of the page instead of after each post. How to change it?

2) I'm a SAS programmer but I think I'm going to have to learn web site programming.
Any suggestion for a source?

3) This appears after some of my posts. Do you know why or what it means? I can't seem to make it go away but am not sure I should since I don't know what is happening.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" />

<!--Session data-->

<input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />
Many thanks, again.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The section ATO->Style & edit FOOTER has to do with the PAGE footer. If you want to put something at the end of each POST, you need to look at ATO->Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS->FOOTER: xxxxxxxxx, where xxxxxxx is the homepage or multi post page etc. You can have different footers in the different areas AT THE END OF THE CENTER AREA CONTENT. The PAGE footer is still controlled at 'ATO->Style & edit FOOTER'

The code you are showing is probably from one of the widgets or plugings you have installed. You could go in and disable all the plugins and see if it goes away. If so, add them back in till you discover which one does it.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 04:24 PM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
Re: 'Copyright' for footer on each post on multi post page:

Here is my code.

%Copyright &copy; %current-year% %home% - All Rights Reserved %|

It isn't showing up at all. What should that it look like?

Many thanks.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, couple things - multi post pages is for pages that are showing multiple posts, like the archives (and if you look at your archives, you will see your code - improperly displayed, but there). You need to put the code in FOOTER: Homepage if the home age is where your blog is showing up.

Second you can only use valid items. The %...% indicates one of the predefined variables so lets look at your line. You have

%Copyright &copy; %current-year% %home% - All Rights Reserved %|

but all the parts in reed are wrong. The %Copyright is indicating that this is a predefined variable, but it's not, you just want the word 'Copyright' so you have to loose the '%' So it should be
HTML Code:
Copyright &copy;
Next we come to %current-year% - again this is not a defined variable, but you can get the year by using %date(...)% and if you just use the 'Y' option, you will get '2010' so the line should now be
HTML Code:
Copyright &copy; %date(Y)%
now I assume that when you coded %home% you were looking for a link to the home page, and you can add that in as a normal link (ie <a....>home</a>) so in your case the line would now look like
HTML Code:
Copyright &copy; %date(Y)% <a href="http://www.arthritis-alternatives.com/" title="Arthritis Alternatives">Home</a>
and all that is left is adding in the literals at the end to get
HTML Code:
Copyright &copy; %date(Y)% <a href="http://www.arthritis-alternatives.com/" title="Arthritis Alternatives">Home</a> - All Rights Reserved
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:42 AM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks so much for the lesson. I'm making progress but not there yet. I need the date at the beginning of the footer and the year only after the copyright. I also managed to mess up the 'comments' but could swear I didn't touch them.

Hope you aren't totally out of patience by now. Here is what the code looks like:

%date('F jS, Y')% | %comments('Leave a comment', 'One comment', '% comments', 'Comments are closed') %| Copyright &copy; %date(Y)%; <a href="http://www.arthritis-alternatives.com/">Arthritis Alternatives</a> - All Rights Reserved

Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 01:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
use this code
HTML Code:
%date('F jS, Y')% | %comments('Leave a comment', 'One comment', '% comments', 'Comments are closed')% | Copyright &copy;  %date('Y')% <a href="http://www.arthritis-alternatives.com/">Arthritis Alternatives</a> - All Rights Reserved
and replace bfa_postinfo.php with the attached version. there was a bug where it would only process one of any of the parameters
bfa_postinfo.php.zip

This fix will be 3.5.4

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 13, 2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 03:29 PM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
The code looks like what I'm already using. What am I missing? Can you look at my site again to see what I mean?

I don't know what to do with the fix. Can't open it to look at it. Can you just tell me where to put the code changes I need. I'm using 3.4.9. Does that make any difference?

Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 04:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Upload the file to the atahualpa/functions folder. It should work with 3.4.9