Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Styling Widget box - bottom border

Old Aug 2, 2010, 06:02 AM
GillM

13 posts · Jul 2010
In my categories widget I have main categories and sub-categories which are indented by a few px.

The whole widget area is boxed with a border.

I want to add a bottom border (a light dotted line) so that the different categories are more clearly defined. I have added the following code to the "Add HTML/CSS Inserts" section -

Code:
 div.widget ul li {border-bottom:1px dotted #DEEDEF;
		}
The only problem is that these bottom borders are also indented, see image below (I have changed the lines to red here to make it clearer what I am talking about)

I actually want them to stretch from the left border to the right, can someone please advise how I achieve this, without affecting the indentation of the text?
Also is it possible not to have the double lines where sub-categories end and a new category starts?

Thanks
Gill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Widget-problem.gif
Views:	1332
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	653  
Old Aug 4, 2010, 05:19 AM
GillM

13 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks for the reply - I will checkout your answers. Sorry I omitted the URL to the development site, here it is

Gill
Old Aug 4, 2010, 01:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Border width is really border thickness. This was kind of a fun exercise. Try this with the appropriate colors.
HTML Code:
div.widget ul li ul li {
border-bottom:1px solid black !important;
margin-left:-10px !important;
padding-left:20px !important;
}