Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

jQuery Post Slider....where to put javascript files

Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:18 PM
theadventurebite

136 posts · May 2010
Hi All,

I am trying to integrate FlexSlider into my theme to use as a post slider and I have followed this tutorial to try to do so and have done everything the way they have specified:

http://return-true.com/2012/04/insta...rdpress-theme/

I have this in my page-home.php

Code:
<div class="flex-container">
  <div class="flexslider">
	<ul class="slides">
	<?php
	query_posts(array('category_name' => 'food', 'posts_per_page' => 3));
	if(have_posts()) :
	    while(have_posts()) : the_post();
	?>
	  <li>
		<?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?>
		<p class="flex-caption"><?php the_excerpt(); ?></p>
	  </li>
	<?php
	    endwhile;
	endif;
	wp_reset_query();
	?>
	</ul>
  </div>
</div>
This is in my functions.php:

Code:
function my_add_scripts() {
    wp_enqueue_script('flexslider', get_bloginfo('stylesheet_directory').'js/jquery.flexslider-min.js', array('jquery'));
    wp_enqueue_script('flexslider-init', get_bloginfo('stylesheet_directory').'js/flexslider-init.js', array('jquery', 'flexslider'));
}
add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_add_scripts');

function my_add_styles() {
    wp_enqueue_style('flexslider', get_bloginfo('stylesheet_directory').'js/flexslider.css');
}
add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_add_styles');
integrated here:

Code:
<?php
$bfa_ata_version = "3.7.3";

// Load translation file above
load_theme_textdomain('atahualpa');

// To disable some default WP filters, remove the '#' character
#remove_filter('the_content', 'wptexturize');
#remove_filter('the_excerpt', 'wptexturize');
#remove_filter('comment_text', 'wptexturize');
#remove_filter('the_title', 'wptexturize');
add_filter('widget_text', 'do_shortcode');

function my_add_scripts() {
    wp_enqueue_script('flexslider', get_bloginfo('stylesheet_directory').'js/jquery.flexslider-min.js', array('jquery'));
    wp_enqueue_script('flexslider-init', get_bloginfo('stylesheet_directory').'js/flexslider-init.js', array('jquery', 'flexslider'));
}
add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_add_scripts');
function my_add_styles() {
    wp_enqueue_style('flexslider', get_bloginfo('stylesheet_directory').'js/flexslider.css');
}
add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_add_styles');

// get default theme options
include_once (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_theme_options.php');
// Load options
include_once (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_get_options.php');
list($bfa_ata, $cols, $left_col, $left_col2, $right_col, $right_col2, $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'], $bfa_ata['h_posttitle']) = bfa_get_options();
And then I created the file they specified called flexslide-init.js with this in it:

Code:
(function($) {
    $(window).load(function() {
        $('.flexslider').flexslider({
	            animation: 'slide',
		    controlsContainer: '.flex-container'
	    });
    });
})(jQuery)
All of the files are in the JS folder (including the CSS file. I have tried extending the file path to the full /www/wp-content/themes/atahualpa373/js with no difference.

So far all I have managed to achieve is getting the page to put out the first three posts with their excerpts, and the post titles are underneath the posts.

It obviously works for lots of other people so I'm no sure why its not working on mine.

Help?

Dani