Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

trying to put breadcrumbs in the header

Old Mar 2, 2009, 09:26 AM
awisher

2 posts · Mar 2009
trying to put breadcrumbs in the header

on my site I am using the Yoast breadcrumbs plugin, which places breadcrums, currently, at the top of the index.php template. However, I would rather it be located either right justified in the top menu bar or in place of the RSS placement above the search box. Is this possible? I cannot seem to figure out how to place the code.

I am using 3.2
code that needs to be inserted:
Code:
<?php if ( function_exists('yoast_breadcrumb') ) {
	yoast_breadcrumb('<p id="breadcrumbs">','</p>');
} ?>
my website is here: www.rockpatch.net

I've looked in the Atahualpa templates and coulnd'nt see how to do this, nor could I find a local place for this in the config interface.

Thanks for any help you can suggest.
Aaron
Old Mar 2, 2009, 01:47 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I'd recommend to put it into header.php after

PHP Code:
<?php bfa_header_config($cur_opt['bfa_ata_configure_header']); ?>
to put it below the header, or into index.php after

PHP Code:
<?php get_header(); ?>
to put it at the top of the middle column

and style it through HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts

HTML Code:
p#breadcrumbs {
display: block;
text-align: right;
... other styles ...
}
Old Mar 2, 2009, 03:34 PM
awisher

2 posts · Mar 2009
That is where it already is currently. I want to replace the rss link (above the search box) with the breadcrumbs.