Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

How to Display Comments on Category Pages Only

Old Nov 5, 2009, 09:37 AM
fylraen

3 posts · Nov 2009
Hello!

I am trying to enable full display of comments on category display pages only. Right now the site is set up so that when you visit a category page, you can click the individual post to see comments, or click on the link to the comments in the footer, but I would like to set it so that comments are displayed in full instead.

Thank you for any advice. Probably easy to do, but I don't know how. I did try searching these forums before posting and did not find an answer, so I apologize if it's been asked before.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...t=comment+form
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:48 PM
fylraen

3 posts · Nov 2009
Hi juggledad,

Thanks for the reply. I had seen that post - it unfortunately updates all multi-post pages. I only want to update category pages. Is there some PHP conditional statement that I can use to make those changes apply only to category pages?

Dan
Old Nov 5, 2009, 01:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well you could put a conditional around the
<?php bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">','</div>'); ?>
in 'The LOOP' to prevent it from displaying on category pages
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:04 PM
fylraen

3 posts · Nov 2009
I actually don't know how to write PHP... Was hoping you could give a more explicit example

To reiterate: I want to display comments ONLY on category pages.

I'm sorry to be useless, just unable to do this on my own.