Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Potential Bytes for All SEO Bug - [or maybe it's just me]

Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:20 AM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
WP: 3.0
ATA: 3.5.1

I'm having a weird problem when I set a site I'm developing to use the Bytes for All SEO options.

Specifically, when I set the Meta Title Tag Format option to "Blog Title - Page Title" and save my settings, the Meta Titles show up as my site url instead of my site name, i.e. (www.site.com - Home) instead of (Awesome Sauce Blog - Home).

Furthermore, if I go back to the SEO options tab, the option selected is to show "Page Title - Blog Title". If I save my settings again without changing anything, then the Meta Tag then actually shows up as "Page Title - Blog Title", i.e. (Home - Awesome Sauce Blog) as opposed to any of the other options.

I'm not sure why this is happening. I did notice that I had not applied the Bug Fix mentioned here. Even though that's not the issue I'm having, I put in the fix anyway in the hopes that it would resolve the issue, but it did not.

Last edited by writeleft; Jul 20, 2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Site Active. Replaced SEO options.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 03:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did you also apply this fix and the Auto Draft one as below? Also a URL would help us in helping you if the site is available.

To prevent pages and posts from automatically being saved as 'Auto Draft', you can make a little modification in Atahaulpa's functions.php. The data will still be created in the db table.

In template_dir/functions.php at about line 603 change to the following
$title = ($post_id->post_title !== 'Auto Draft') ? $post_id->post_title : '';

The line you are changing is right after
$thePostID = $post->ID;
$post_id = get_post($thePostID);