Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

colour not visible theme overriding?

Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:47 AM
Ddabrai

14 posts · Aug 2009
Hi,
I have had the need to produce a home page with a set of 5 tables each being of i row and coloumn but different dimensions in all of them couple will have images in it and fe text and an optin box however I want the colour on each cell to be different. However there might be case whereby I would have one table with the 3 coloumns and maybe 6 rows and the same again color to be different in each cell.
I have tried this code:
<table border="4" cellspacing="4" cellpadding="4">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#ffff00">Yellow Stars</td>
<td bgcolor="#00ff00">Green Clovers</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#ff00ff">Purple Moons</td>
<td bgcolor="#00ffff">Blue something or other...</td>
</tr>
</tbody></table>

this code was put in HTMl on a test page and in visiual one can see the colours but when you publish the page and view it on the web live background is white and the font is blue.
I tried using the plugin wp-table reloaded but I can't seem to achieve what I want.
Can somebody Please throw some light on this issue.
Thanks
Dilip Dabrai
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can do this by using CSS. Change the table to this
HTML Code:
<table border="4" cellspacing="4" cellpadding="4">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="table_yellow">Yellow Stars</td>
<td class="table_green">Green Clovers</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="table_purple">Purple Moons</td>
<td class="table_blue">Blue something or other...</td>
</tr></tbody>
</table>
then add this to ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
.table_yellow {background: #ffff00 !important; }
.table_green {background: #00ff00 !important; }
.table_purple {background: #ff00ff !important; }
.table_blue {background: #00ffff !important; }
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:37 AM
Ddabrai

14 posts · Aug 2009
Thanks very much JD,
The html code worked in page but could not solve the issue of inserting in CSS as it only allowed me to put first line and pàrt of the second line.The size of the text writng area in CSS is not expanding to accomdate more lines. So if on different pages I have different tables and colors I wont be able to do it and can can I use hex codes instead of the color names,so then I can assign any name in the class for that color.
Please also one more request if you would be kind enough please give me an example of each cell being different sizes and away from each other and independent as I have a html site I to have change over to blog page and this is the site in question:
http://wealthwithalma.com/
Unless ther is an easier way to do that in the theme. To what I could see the site has been using layers in the index page to create the effect
Thanking you in advance.
Regards
Dilip Dabrai
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the issue with the CSS Insert box not resizing is a WordPress issue. What version of PHP arre you using?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
P.S. you can put all of it in, just do a copy and paste. You just won't be able to see it.