Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Hover color not working properly in IE

Old Sep 23, 2009, 01:06 PM
BradBrown

54 posts · Mar 2009
I set up a site for someone using ATA, but the menu highlighting isn't working correctly in IE. It's odd, because I have multiple ATA sites of my own using the same ATA version, 3.4.2, and they all work fine.

The background color is set to red, the hover is white, and the parent color is a grayish red.

In IE8, most places the parent color is used instead of the hover color. However, after hovering over a sub menu item, the hover color will start to work on the parent item and the item immediately to it's right.

The site is http://topqualityservicerealty.com
Old Sep 23, 2009, 04:55 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Uhhh what's this, the "White bug"? Can you try #fefefe instead of #ffffff and see if that works? I see the error in IE7/8, but not in IE6
Old Sep 23, 2009, 07:34 PM
BradBrown

54 posts · Mar 2009
That fixed it.

This looked like some sort of IE issue, but I wasn't having any luck tracking it down. I've never heard of the "white bug," but it's tough to keep track of all IE's wierdness.

Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:28 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I was just kidding, I think a white bug does not exist (or does it?), however I even re-created the whole menu by starting all over with a fresh copy of Ruthsarians rmenu and even there the error occured once fff or ffffff was used as hover background color. It may be related to a hack that is included in rmenu which uses an (invisible) white color to cover elements below the menu, but I couldn't track it down to that. I'll try again tomorrow. But it is a IE7/8 weirdness regardless as all other browsers including IE6 (!) have no issue with that.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:57 PM
BradBrown

54 posts · Mar 2009
Actually, there is a white bug. After your previous post, I did a little searching to understand the nature of the bug. (Sometimes, I'm just too curious for my own good.)

It affects IE7, and IE8 when it is running in IE7 compatibility mode.

Here's the info I found: http://haslayout.net/css/Hover-White...und-Ignore-Bug

Anyway, thanks for the great support you provide here. I really do appreciate it.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 09:10 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I see, with IE there's always another bug waiting around the corner

Thanks for the link, there's a cure for this it seems, changing "background-color" to "background" seems to fix it and white can be used. Adding this in 3.4.3