Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Subpages making parent pages stretch - how to make parent pages fixed?

Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:30 PM
rhenium3

66 posts · Jul 2010
Bozeman, Montana
Send a message via AIM to rhenium3 Send a message via Skype™ to rhenium3
So basically what my question says.

On www.swedishfreak.com I'd like the subpages to be under the parent page in the menu bar, horizontally. However, right now if you click on a page like "Culture" the parent page in the menu bar stretches. How do you make it fixed?

Thanks!

Hilary
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:32 PM
rhenium3

66 posts · Jul 2010
Bozeman, Montana
Also, if you hover over the parent page that is active, the menu drops down vertically?!?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:09 PM
rhenium3

66 posts · Jul 2010
Bozeman, Montana
Still waiting for an answer on this one, any ideas anybody?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 04:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Take out the extra code you added to fix the header and see if you still have a problem.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:37 AM
rhenium3

66 posts · Jul 2010
Bozeman, Montana
I took out the header code in both the header area and in CSS inserts, it didn't fix the problem.. I suppose now I should just deactivate all my plug ins and see if that helps?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Are you using the Wp new menu feature and
do you have this fix applied http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8756?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 09:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
also disable the ilc-folding plugin
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:59 AM
rhenium3

66 posts · Jul 2010
Bozeman, Montana
So I disabled the ILC plugin (which stopped working anyway). So now the menu bar is vertical, but I want it horizontal.

Also, I tried to do that bug fix but I found no bfa_new_wp3_menus.php (in the functions folder). Should I just upload the zip file anyway?

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2010, 05:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what version of Atahualpa are you using? The fix is for 3.5.3

Also, the Atahualpa menus work in a vertical dropdown mode. If you want them horizontal, you will have to look for a plugin.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 09:17 AM
rhenium3

66 posts · Jul 2010
Bozeman, Montana
I am using 3.4.9. Is it recommended to update? Or will that just mess up everything on my site even more?

Thanks! Love the theme and the help!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 09:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I would use 3.5.3 and it shouldn't effect and theme options changes you have made - however if you have changed theme code you will have to make the changes again.

You can install the new version in the theme folder along side the current version, just make sure the folder is called atahualpa353 and then you will see both versions in the theme picker. This allows you to fall back to the previous version if something is wrong.

as always, do a database backup before making ANY major change to your site.

ps if you due upgrade, grab the two bugfix's in the 'new version & updates' forum