Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] WPML, custom menu and Atahualpa

Old Mar 16, 2011, 04:35 AM
86owen

44 posts · Mar 2011
[SOLVED] WPML, custom menu and Atahualpa

I have a wordpress site (www.vorsabae2.is) running with WPML and the Atahualpa theme. Recently the owner of the website contacted me and said that some category pages in the english section display more records from other categories also. You can see this on this page, http://www.vorsabae2.is/category/sta...ang=en&lang=en, the first three records are not from this Stallion category.

I have no clue how this happened but I think its some kind of bug with the WPML and the custom menu... this is not happening on the Icelandic part of the site (the default language).

Anybody got a clue on how to fix this ?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:18 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This is probably a plugin issue. Do you have the paid version of the plugin? The indication is that with WP 3.1 you need the paid version which also fixes some bugs.

Also on the wordpress.org page for this plugin 3 people say it works and 13 say it is broken. That is another indicator of issues.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:35 AM
86owen

44 posts · Mar 2011
No I donīt have the paid version of WPML. I guess I should advice this customer to buy this version and see if the bug gets fixed.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:57 PM
ICanLocalize

12 posts · Aug 2009
This is correct. The issue you're seeing is not related with Atahualpa. It's a matter of incompatibility between WPML 2.0.4.1 and WordPress 3.1. That version of WPML does not work correctly on WP 3.1.

Newer versions, from WPML.org work fine with WP 3.1 and are also tested with Atahualpa.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 02:14 AM
86owen

44 posts · Mar 2011
I purchased the WPML multisite version and these pages on the site are now ok. Thanks for the info !