Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Newbie: How to remove the bars.

Old Jul 17, 2010, 05:54 AM
torontocranks

1 posts · Jul 2010
I have two gray bars, I am not sure if they originate in the header or in the centre. Regardless, I cannot find where to change or delete them. I have set the settings for bar1% and bar2% to white thinking that they be the culprits but no luck.

The bars appear underneath the header image and span the width of the screen.

You can see them here
http://www.torontocranks.com

Last edited by torontocranks; Jul 17, 2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 07:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
they are part of the page background ATO->Body, Text & Links->Body Style
Old Jul 17, 2010, 07:10 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
That is actually a background image. You can remove that part of the code by looking in the theme options/Body, Text and Links/Body Style. Look for:

Code:
background: #fff url('<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/images/background7.png') repeat-x top left;
and remove everything except the color.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 07:20 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Once again, I'm stepping on Juggledad's toes!

Am I the only one who thinks this is unnecessarily obscure? I'm very familiar with the theme after using various versions of it for a long time, but I had to really look for this setting. It's just not obvious, and I doubt many users are going to want to keep that image.

Much better, I think, would be to have no background image as the default, but make it easy to upload one.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 07:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Paula, we think alike - I just put an item in the 'To Do for 3.5.2' to go back to teh 'classic' style for new installs
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:32 AM
Marge

10 posts · May 2009
I second that. Those bars were confusing and I thought it was part to the header settings. Glad this issue has been addressed here.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 02:44 PM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
I'm all for changing it also. Thought I was going crazy looking for it. Glad I wasn't the only one.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 03:51 PM
foodliving

2 posts · Aug 2010
I also have two horizontal black bars sandwiching my header (www.healthyfoodforliving.com) and for some reason the instructions below did not work for me. Any thoughts on how to get rid of the bars?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 04:29 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That question is answered in the FAQ thread.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 02:28 AM
Blackjax

9 posts · Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
Once again, I'm stepping on Juggledad's toes!

Am I the only one who thinks this is unnecessarily obscure? I'm very familiar with the theme after using various versions of it for a long time, but I had to really look for this setting. It's just not obvious, and I doubt many users are going to want to keep that image.

Much better, I think, would be to have no background image as the default, but make it easy to upload one.
I actually liked it. I used the background image from the install, then changed it and saved it as something different. If it hadn't have been there to alter, I don't know how long it might have taken me to make my own custom background and it probably would have ended up far more basic than the one I've got now.