Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Is there a way of installing to a different directory?

Old Apr 7, 2011, 01:48 PM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
For future reference, is there a way of installing to a different drectory?

Having invested a lot of time getting an effect that I was happy with, I installed the new theme expecting it to be created in a new directory, so that I could cross reference and copy across files, settings etc to retain the effect I wanted.

This was the case when we upgraded from 3.5.1. This time, however, all my hard work has been lost and I am faced with the torture of finding the fixes and fudges all over again!?

I used to be a massive fan of Atahualpa - now I am beginning to doubt my sanity.

Thanks
Graham.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 02:10 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Installing most any theme via the Dashboard will replace the current theme of the same name. The only way I know to have the theme installed in a different folder is to upload it via FTP.

If you unzip Atahualpa you will see it is in a folder with the version number appended such as atahualpa364 which can be uploaded right next to atahualpa or atahualpa353 etc. Then you of course need to move images etc over. The whole process is documented in this post.