Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to: Insert posts inside pages.

Old Dec 29, 2009, 06:53 AM
WiiFan2012

8 posts · Dec 2009
I have always wanted to insert posts within pages. I thought it was with this theme, but Juggledad said it was a WP (WordPress) problem, so I did a Google, and found this plug-in that allows you to do the said option.

http://aralbalkan.com/1016

Once installed in your plug-ins directory, and activated, all you need to do is to insert a posts Numeric ID into that page's description with [[ ]] and you have a post in your page.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 08:01 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did the plugin work for you. It's kind of old.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 08:39 AM
WiiFan2012

8 posts · Dec 2009
Yes it does. But, like with all plugin's, you have to activate it in the Plugins Menu. Is there any other plug in that allows you to do the same?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 08:43 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I didn't install the plugin but was just wondering if it worked for you. I did a quick search and found nothing like this. It is kind of interesting and I will be testing it out. What version of Atahualpa and WordPress are you using?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 09:06 AM
WiiFan2012

8 posts · Dec 2009
I'm using version 3.44, and the latest WordRress version. The Inline Posts plugin is really awesome! For me, it does exactly what I want my blog to do.

Glad I could help a(some) member(s)!
Old Mar 31, 2010, 08:32 PM
holliday22

11 posts · Aug 2009
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but does the inline posts plugin have

1. an option to show the entire post in the page (not just teaser) and
2. a way to control the order of the posts appearing on the page?

Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2010, 04:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
holliday22 - have you tried it?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 09:01 AM
holliday22

11 posts · Aug 2009
No, I haven't. Thought it would be faster to ask. Plus I'm always a little hesitant to install lightly supported plugins...

Have you used it?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 01:00 PM
kdawes01

102 posts · May 2009
Missoula, MT
I have tried it and it's working fine for me.

I have a client that I needed to recreate a hard-coded function in her old site into ATA.

I used the inline posts to put posts into a SidebarTabs instance that had been set up to be in a ATA page widget area... I know it's convoluted...

It certainly made a site that doesn't look much like an "out-of-the-box" Atahualpa site!

Here's the url for one of the "inline posts"/"SidebarTabs" pages on the site

http://jutehome.com/projects/

Ken
Old Jul 29, 2011, 05:04 AM
peking

17 posts · May 2009
Norrkoping, Sweden
Send a message via Skype™ to peking
This plugin is also working good:
http://dvector.com/oracle/ggis-inlinepost/