Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

include jQuery-ui to control custom menu in widget

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:50 AM
jquerytou

2 posts · Jan 2013
Smile include jQuery-ui to control custom menu in widget

Hello, I started using Atahualpa frm a month,
I find it an incredible theme for all its customization options,
and now I am running into a problem when trying to point to jquery-ui, which I have included in the HTML Inserts: Header
when I try to use the .menu method that comes with jquery-ui, I get a message from console (using firefox) that says function .menu not defined.

I am trying to get a vertical custom menu placed in a widget in the left sidebar like the default one showed in the jquery-ui api demo page (http://jqueryui.com/menu/)

Otherwise I also tried to .animate the submenus to horizontal slidin' them rightside when hovering onto the main menu list-items, but I am having problems with css selectors related to this menu (inserted into widget area)
I tried to reset options on div.widget div.widget ul, etc...and then apply css using the ID's of menu and list-items, but with poor success.
I would be very thankful if someone could help me to fix this, maybe someone already had this kind of issue.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I am asking something that is already in some thread (I tried to look before, but couldn't find something about this)

Wish you all a good day,

Marcello