Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] How to configure Facebook thumbnails

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 22, 2011, 08:23 AM
mactony

67 posts · Jan 2009
[SOLVED] How to configure Facebook thumbnails

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to configure a specific thumbnail for each post so that if/when shared on Facebook, that specified thumbnail will appear as the accompanying image.

I found an older post in BFA that address this issue...is it still valid? I am not quite expert with coding and before I go into my functions I'd just like to be sure it isn't obsolete already.
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...book+thumbnail

I currently have installed the "Add image_src Meta Tag" plugin, but despite following its instructions (to the best of my ability) I can't get the desired result. I have also tried the "Like-Button-Plugin-For-Wordpress" but it pulls up the wrong image when the post is "Liked", despite its setting to specify an image for each post.

Is there a way to engineer this through Atahualpa without a plug-in? Or at least a way to define a thumbnail for each post that a plugin could latch onto?

My url is http://www.midriffrecords.com

Thanks!

Tony