Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Picture galleries and effects

Old May 12, 2014, 01:28 PM
pgc

25 posts · May 2009
Warsaw
Is there any way of omitting montezuma's built-in picture gallery layout and effect apart from: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=18759
I'd like to use Jetpack's layouts and effects without adding the code in widget.
Old May 12, 2014, 07:07 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What do you mean by "Jetpack's layouts and effects"?
Old May 13, 2014, 02:22 AM
pgc

25 posts · May 2009
Warsaw
There are some options for new galleries like: Tiled Mosaic, Thumbnail Grid, Square Tiles, Slideshow, Circles. Regardless of chosen option the gallery always looks in the same way - the montezuma's way. This look is good only if you have thumbnails with the same aspect ratio. Also, the carousel slideshow from Jetpack cannot be used with motezuma in simple way. Changing functions.php by assingning $is_gallery = 0 is not the way, as this change will be rolled back by the next montezuma update. This change only swithes off montezuma's effect and has no other effect in one of my installation.
I do not want to use NExtGen for this particular site, so I look for other solutions.

Regards
Piotr
Old May 13, 2014, 07:56 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm not a fan of some of the Jetpack functions. The gallery being especially problematic. The various configurations work on some themes like Twenty Fourteen but not on others I have tried it on. I typically don't use Jetpack at all and would suggest looking for another Gallery solution.
Old May 13, 2014, 08:51 AM
pgc

25 posts · May 2009
Warsaw
Hi

OK, that is clear for me. I know that ngg is much better that jetpack for galleries. I need as simple solution as possible without keeping various media (pics, videos, pdfs etc) in different repositories. That is why I decided to use media library.

But my problem is if it is possible not to use montezuma's gallery presentation and effect. If I remove all img and gallery styling from montezuma css files will I have the solution?

Regards
Piotr
Old May 13, 2014, 08:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try WP Lightbox 2 with Montezuma. It uses the standard media library