Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Does ThemeFrame create news/magazine style themes?

Old Jul 28, 2013, 09:13 AM
Kudzu

43 posts · Nov 2009
Tennessee
Does ThemeFrame create news/magazine style themes?

I have my site set up using Wordpress as the front platform (with atahualpa theme) and Joomla with JomSocial for the community portion.

The problem is, while Joomla can be switched around making a news style theme, atahualpa can't, but I have to have Wordpress as the platform for the front page. I've been trying to stick with atahualpa but I'm limited to 4 columns straight up and down when I need to have a slider for the top portion news, followed by 3 columns under the slider, followed by category sections under the featured posts.

If I purchase ThemeFrame, can I have multiple columns and various size rows like Gantry theme allows?

Here is the theme similar to what I want, but the reason I don't purchase their theme is because I love atahualpa and can't imagine getting a different one (until now that I want a magazine/news site) http://demo.mythemeshop.com/hotnews/
Old Jul 28, 2013, 05:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't think Themeframe has a magazine function. Using Atahualpa you could perhaps use this plugin or use CSS to left float the posts to give you a magazine "look".