Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Right sidebar publish output on center

Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:51 AM
roekoe

6 posts · Mar 2009
Dear,

Another question. Is it possible to add links on the right sidebar which output appears in the centerscreen? Just like on the left sidebar?
I added the text widget to the right sidebar. What i want is that when i click on the text "link1" (below the "Prijzen" subject) the output appears in the centerscreen.

I've searched to php codes, but can't find the solution. I suspect is is in the footer.php.

the side is : http://www.meerdanschoonheid.nl

many thanks in advance
Old Mar 18, 2009, 01:32 AM
roekoe

6 posts · Mar 2009
I don't know if it's the right way, but it works for me. I created a new page. Noteded the page id and create a link to this page on the right sidebar in the "TEXT" menu. Finally, i excluded it from the page view.
If anyone has a better solution i'll glad to notice.

Last edited by roekoe; Mar 18, 2009 at 02:39 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:28 PM
dallen

2 posts · Mar 2009
I had a very similar problem on my site, but instead of the right toolbar mine was the left toolbar. When you first go to the blog you see all the post and everything looks great, but if you click on a category, tag, or anything on the calendar, the contents of the left sidebar were duplicated in the center content area just above the footer.
I opened the site in FireFox and using FireBug I noticed that sure enough that there was a call made in the content area and I began my investigation.
To fix it I went into admin => appearances => editor and opened Archives (archive.php)
At the very bottom there was some code like this:
<?php get_sidebar(); ?>
That may not be exact because I already deleted it, but it should be VERY close. After removing the line my problem went away and as far as I can tell my site works just fine. Also both the left and the right sidebars still show up, just not in the center!
Hope this help!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:48 PM
dallen

2 posts · Mar 2009
Ok so upon further investigation, I believe that this was an issue because I had a file in the template folder that did not belong. As it turns out, the archive.php file is not even supposed to be in the template folder (whoops!) and that was what was screwing me up. After removing the file things are looking and working a lot better.