Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] right side bar of widgets disappears on main page

Old Feb 11, 2011, 09:04 AM
JustinT

4 posts · Feb 2011
Hi hope you may be able to help out. Currently on using Internet Explorer only, (all other browsers are fine) the right side bar with the widgets on has disappeared on the main home page, however it is seen on all the other pages. Any clues on this one, or am I just being very silly?

The Atahualpa wordpress theme can be seen at www.pupillageblog.com

Many thanks, hope someone might be able to steer me in the right direction.

JT
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if the right sidebar and the footer are missing, then the last post is the culprit.

This mostly happens when some text is copied from a word document and pasted into the post. The Word 'psuedo' html causes an error and so the page stops rendering. The other browsers are more forgiving than IE.

Are you on version 3.3.2?????
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:03 AM
JustinT

4 posts · Feb 2011
Juggledad, thanks for such a quick response.

So I need to check all the posts which are listed in the main page and in the content? Yes, currently I am running 3.3.2 - I know I should update. Worried a little that it all does not go asunder should I update.

Mind you... Looking at things it would appear that only 3 of the posts are showing instead of 5 on the main page. Would this be linked to the problem?

Last edited by JustinT; Feb 11, 2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you only see three posts and no right sidebar or footer, then it is definitely something in the third or fourth post that is doing it.

as for upgrading, manually install 364 in its own folder, then you can swap back and forth.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:52 AM
JustinT

4 posts · Feb 2011
juggledad, curiously I have rebuilt the last 3 posts and still there is no change in the Internet Explorer. Can you see the same issues?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
take a look at the post 'The Daily PupillageBlog Leagal Twitter' at the end after the
Quote:
So happy reading, until next time

Justin Time.
You will find a bunch of code
HTML Code:
<div id="_mcePaste" style="position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 177px width 1px; height:1px; overflow: hidden;"><!--[IF gte..........
that code is causing the issue. The whole page is being built, but that code is moving things off to never never land
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:15 PM
JustinT

4 posts · Feb 2011
Thank you so very much. The problem has been resolved, I really am not sure what happened there.
Now I need to look at slowly upgrading a piece-meal way.