Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Bad widget broke Atahualpa theme options page

Old Oct 8, 2010, 09:35 AM
boris_mcnorris

8 posts · Oct 2010
Hello

I am using Atahualpa 3.4.9 and wordpress 3.0.

I was trying to install a new widget area and screwed up something... i now cannot delete it despite following the instructions I find the following appears in the "Delete Custom Widgets Section"

A check box followed by:

" value="My widget cells=4

on the next line in bold:
" />">My widget cells=4

when i check the box it says it has gone but then does not.

My public site works fine but within the "atahualpa theme options" page there is no content in any of the tabs below the "Posts and Pages" section. I am guessing this is because there is still some junk left in the database? I had a look within PhPmyAdmin and its still there... At this point i got scared of screwing stuff up further so decided to ask the experts....

Also when I export the settings I can see it at the end of the file in the last line:

#sbsl6_3 {
width: 100%;
}";s:16:"archives_page_id";s:0:"";s:18:"archives_d ate_show";s:3:"Yes";s:19:"archives_date_title";s:1 7:"Archives by Month";s:18:"archives_date_type";s:7:"monthly";s:1 9:"archives_date_limit";s:0:"";s:19:"archives_date _count";s:3:"Yes";s:22:"archives_category_show";s: 3:"Yes";s:23:"archives_category_title";s:20:"Archi ves by Category";s:23:"archives_category_count";s:3:"Yes" ;s:23:"archives_category_depth";s:1:"0";s:25:"arch ives_category_orderby";s:4:"name";s:23:"archives_c ategory_order";s:3:"ASC";s:22:"archives_category_f eed";s:2:"No";s:12:"css_external";s:6:"Inline";s:1 9:"javascript_external";s:6:"Inline";s:16:"pngfix_ selectors";s:53:"a.posts-icon, a.comments-icon, a.email-icon, img.logo";s:12:"css_compress";s:3:"Yes";s:11:"allo w_debug";s:3:"Yes";s:16:"bfa_widget_areas";a:1:{s: 59:"My widget cells=4<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">";a:5:{s:4:"name";s:59:"My widget cells=4<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">";s:13:"before_widget";s:35:"<div id="%1$s" class="widget %2$s">";s:12:"after_widget";s:6:"</div>";s:12:"before_title";s:30:"<div class="widget-title"><h3>";s:11:"after_title";s:11:"</h3></div>";}}s:11:"h_blogtitle";i:1;s:11:"h_posttitle"; i:2;s:10:"layout_min";i:1054;s:10:"layout_max";i:1 054;s:9:"postcount";i:1;}

Can anybody explain what i need to delete to return functionallity to my Atahualpa options page?

Many thanks!!

Boris

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 16, 2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:28 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You first need to remove the code you added for the new widget area. Where did you put the code?
Then you go to ATO>Add New widget areas and check the box to delete it.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:46 PM
boris_mcnorris

8 posts · Oct 2010
Originally I created 4 widget areas (as in the example).

I put the code in the Content Above the loop as a test.

I then removed the code and deleted the 4 widgets without problem.

I then tried writing my own code and think I must have made a typo. Now I have deleted the code above the loop however the checkbox keeps coming back.

I think its something to do with "bfa_ata4" but am confused... my best guess would be to tinker with something in the database but as I am not an expert I am worried about really screwing things up more!
Old Oct 10, 2010, 02:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
before you do any ;tinkering' make sure you do a database backup. This way if you totally mess things up, you can recover to where you are right now.
Did you put anything in the widget area (ie dashboard->appearances->widgets->your widget ares)? if so remove it and then try to delete the widget area.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 03:18 PM
boris_mcnorris

8 posts · Oct 2010
Nothing in the widget area.

The full title of which is:

My widget cells=4&lt;div id=&quot;%1$s&quot; class=&quot;header-widget %2$s&quot;&gt;

I think that the typo somehow screwed with the code...

I will back up the database and have a play around in the BFA_ATA4 section.

Will get back to you with the results in a few days when I have ftp access again.

thanks both for your help!
Old Oct 10, 2010, 04:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You shouldn't have to mess with the "bfa_ata4 section" and you code for the widget area doesn't look like any of the example code such as
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My widget  area&cells=4&align=1&before_widget=<div  id="%1$s" class="header-widget  %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
Where did you get that code from?
Old Oct 11, 2010, 06:58 AM
boris_mcnorris

8 posts · Oct 2010
hmmmm

in retrospect I am sure I did not type that code in (even though I obviously made a mistake).... I guess it must have been generated somehow.

I will have ftp access in a couple of days and will remove the offensive line from the database and see what happens!

will keep you posted
Old Oct 16, 2010, 02:05 PM
boris_mcnorris

8 posts · Oct 2010
Backed up and fiddled with the offending bit of code.

It zapped the whole thing and I ended up with the default version.

....Always knew playing in the BFA4 was going to be risky

For me this has ended up being a good thing because it allowed me to tidy things up. Quicker to plug in all my tweaks than try to figure it out.

my best guess at the cause is some error in my code confused the database somehow....?

but i am not an expert.

thanks for trying to help anyway!

James
Old Oct 16, 2010, 02:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
That's why with Atahualpa it's best to do all your tweaks within the theme options. You can't really break things that way.