Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] 3.5.3 Rotating Header Images not working in IE, and loading really slowly in

Old Nov 4, 2010, 06:14 PM
lehacarpenter

33 posts · Oct 2009
Hi: I've been using Atahualpa for a long time (love it!!) and never had this problem before. I've tried all the normal stuff, and everything seems to be done correctly, but the issue is that I cannot get the rotating header images to show up in IE. And additionally, in Firefox, the preload is taking a really long time (each time I hit refresh).

I've tried setting the image transition to 0, but no help.

I am using really simple file names (a.jpg, b.jpg, etc.). I have not changed any directory names, or added any extra ones (just using the default header directory, as always).

I have turned off various overlaying features--just have: "%image %pages %cat-right"
with no superfluous anything; so only an image should show in the space above the menus.

I did comment out the RSS and comment links, but tried uncommenting them and that did not help.

I haven't changed any other code in the bfa_header_config.php file, nor any other header-related file.

It's a live site, so I had to change it for now to use the logo and tagline, and not the images, so that people visiting the site won't be baffled by the big black hole where the images should be in IE.

the site: http://lncav.com

If someone wanted to look at it, I could switch it over, or give a temp admin acct.

I should mention, I've looked at other versions of the theme using the rotating header in IE to see that there wasn't something wrong with my IE, and they are running fine. I have only seen this problem in 3.5.3, and with IE8 (the version I have).

I'm out of ideas. Anyone?

Thank you so much in advance!

Leha
Old Nov 4, 2010, 08:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you have fading turned on, shut it off and see what happens
Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:42 AM
lehacarpenter

33 posts · Oct 2009
You mean the JS transition? I did try that and it didn't help. Any other ideas? Thank you!!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:49 AM
lehacarpenter

33 posts · Oct 2009
Juggledad, I also tried shutting off clickable image, image preload, and the transition effect all at the same time, and it did make the images load faster in Firefox, but they are still not showing up at all in IE 8.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'll br sround this afternoon, please put the %image in or send me an ID and I'll turn it off and on
Old Nov 5, 2010, 02:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
†he images are saved with a color space of CMYK instead of RGB (I copied an image to my desktop and looked at it.)