Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Possible to have the category menu bar display pages too?

Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:09 AM
marsyg

8 posts · Dec 2010
Title says it all. For the website im working on it would be preferable to have pages and categories in the same menu, preferably the bottom one (category menu)

Is this possible?

Regards
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:12 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you use the WordPress menu system you can have the menu tabs point to pages, categories, or individual posts.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 02:08 PM
marsyg

8 posts · Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
If you use the WordPress menu system you can have the menu tabs point to pages, categories, or individual posts.
"The current theme does not natively support menus, but you can use the “Custom Menu” widget to add any menus you create here to the theme’s sidebar."

This is not what im trying to accomplish. Is it still possible to bypass this?

I simply need pages to display in the lower menu, I thought I would have to edit some code
Old Jan 28, 2011, 03:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There are two menus with Atahualpa and they are controlled by %pages and %cats in the 'Configure Header Area' option. The order you place the items in that area, determines where in the header they will show up.

So if you put '%pages %image' the pages menu will be on top of the header image,
if you use "%image %pages' the image will be on top and the pages menu will be below it.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 08:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What we are all trying to say is that in order to mix pages and categories in the same menu, you will have to manually build a menu using the wordpress menu feature. You can then add your menu to the 'Theme Locations' option on the menu page.

Menu 1 will be used where you defined %pages
Menu 2 will be used where you defined %cats
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:41 AM
marsyg

8 posts · Dec 2010
I tried creating a custom menu after upgrading to the newest theme version.

However, it seems I can't have it display categories with a dropdown showing subcats like i normally could with atahualpa.

I just need 2 pages to show up in the category bar.. Is this really impossible?!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
When using the wordpress menus, you have to manually build the menu, so if you want add a category 'A' and it has two sub categories, B and C, you have to manually add the to your menu and then drag them to under and to the right of category A to make them subpages.

That is how the wordpress menus work.