Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Upgrading from Atahualpa 3.4.1 to 3.7.12

Old Oct 24, 2013, 05:55 AM
njplaygrounds

5 posts · Apr 2012
Started running into an old problem with post titles, and think it's time to upgrade! So happy that there is a top center widget area now in the new version too, so I just backed up my database, and am almost ready to make the leap! Wanted to know if there was a method to make a move from this old version of Atahualpa to the latest and greatest.

I had searched through the forum, and remember seeing something in the past, but can't locate it. If you can point me on a past thread or just a fresh set of steps it would be greatly appreciated. I have a few html/css inserts, and want to make sure that transfers. Also if i should go through the theme option settings and copy what i had earlier.

Thanks in advance!!!!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 07:23 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The only things you need to be concerned about in an upgrade are any images you have uploaded to the atahualpa>images folder and perhaps some path statements if you installed into a folder other than atahualpa. The steps I would take are.
  1. Backup site and database
  2. Copy any images that you uploaded to the atahualpa>images folder(s) to your desktop
  3. Update theme
  4. Edit the "New Image Locations" settings so you won't have to deal with the images in future upgrades.
  5. Upload the images copied to your computer in step 3 to the proper folders
  6. Done (unless there were need path changes)
Old Oct 24, 2013, 08:25 AM
njplaygrounds

5 posts · Apr 2012
Thanks Larry, Going to give it a go!