Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Spaces in the Page Menu Bar Subpages

Old Aug 25, 2009, 03:33 PM
ccsfdave

13 posts · Aug 2009
San Francisco
I am working on an initiative to convert a website from some strange WCM system to WordPress and decided upon the Atahualpa theme because of it's controls from the control panel and the community. So I applaud everyone involved for creating and working on such a vibrant, full featured theme!

The issue that I am having is that my subpages in the Page Menu Bar are spaced out when I expand the menu bar to the height that I desire. I have been playing with each setting and cannot seem to find what will collapse them back to touching or rather add padding to the sub pages so they are not separated. Perhaps the picture will help.

What I really want is to pad the Page Menu Bar by 8px top and bottom AND get the dropdown to be solid too.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Dave Geller

Business Analyst
R&D Division of the Dept. of Technology
City & County of San Francisco
o: 415.581.3985
Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:25 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
What did you do to put padding inside the menu bar? To make the menu items taller add padding to the <A>. Looks like you've added padding to the <LI> or margin to the <A>. Add a CSS Insert

div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li a:link,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li a:visited,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li a:active,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li a:hover {
padding-top: 8px !important;
padding-bottom: 8px !important;
}

To have another padding on the sub levels

div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li ul li a:link,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li ul li a:visited,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li ul li a:active,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li ul li a:hover {
padding-top: 4px !important;
padding-bottom: 4px !important;
}
Old Aug 28, 2009, 09:52 AM
ccsfdave

13 posts · Aug 2009
San Francisco
Flynn,

Thanks, that did the trick. Though I had to keep:

ul.rMenu-hor li
{
margin-top: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
margin-right: 40px;
}

In the insert because:

1. I wanted the horizontal spacing
2. the margin-top & bottom made it so the menu items were not taller than the background bar.

Just an FYI.

Danke,

Dave