Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Sidebar background transparency

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:56 AM
gr870sfunk

110 posts · Mar 2011
Montgomery, AL
Sidebar background transparency

DETAILS:
http://www.jobkeeperalliance.org/
WordPress 3.6.1
Atahualpa 3.7.12

This particular site has an entire background image. I would like to have the background of my sidebar be white with 40% opacity, but when I do the following under ATO > Style & Configure Sidebars > RIGHT sidebar style:
HTML Code:
border-left: 2px solid #c7cbce;
padding: 20px 0 20px 0;
margin:10px 0 10px 0;
background:#FFFFFF;
opacity:0.4;
filter:alpha(opacity=40); /* For IE8 and earlier */
It makes everything in the sidebar transparent. Seeing that, I tried adding the following under ATO > Style Widgets > Widget Container
HTML Code:
opacity:1 !important;
filter:alpha(opacity=100); /* For IE8 and earlier */
This did nothing.

Do I just need to poke around in the code to find the right selector or am I missing something else? Any help is always greatly appreciated! Thanks!