Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

Newbie needs guidance

Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:51 AM
mahina

1 posts · Aug 2011
Newbie needs guidance

Hello all. I am a newbie! My wife has an off-line skin care business that I decided to bring on-line. It has been a great education so-far, but I feel like I am entering a black hole that I won't be able to navigate: css, html, plugins working with theme's and wp...

I guess what I am asking is where do I go from here?
My next goal is to start up a shopping cart maybe it shouldn't be...
any suggestions would be appreciated.

mahinaskin.com

Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Create a site and play with it. Go to wordpress.org and read the documentation. If you want a site up and running right away, hire someone.

You are taking the first steps on a journey, you can't expect to complete it all a moment.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Shopping carts are an even bigger black hole. It depends on how many products, what payment gateway you are using, how you want to display the products, etc. You can use something as "simple" as a Paypal button or go to a full blown ecommerce setup.