Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to add a second page menu bar?

Old Apr 6, 2010, 02:52 PM
Samantha409

3 posts · Mar 2010
I want to have one page menu bar at the top of my page that says "Home, Overview, Careers, and Contact Us". I want the search box under the first menu bar, followed by the header image. Under the header image, I want a second page menu bar that says "Services, News, Projects". Right now, it says "No Categories". I've tried creating the services, news, and projects pages as categories, but I still can't get them to show up. What am I doing wrong? Is it even possible to do this? I want the header area to look something like this: http://mosaic-consulting.com/
Any ideas? I would really appreciate any help I can get! Thank you!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 03:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can add the %pages option multiple times, but you will get all the pages twice (if it works)
if you are going to use the categories, you can add %cats in the header configuration and that will list your categories, not actual pages.

You could
1) create all the pages you want to use
2) use the %pages option
3) look at the generated source and copy it
4) create your own HTML for one of the sets of pages
5) add that HTML to the header configuration options
6) exclude those pages from the page menubar (see the page menubar options)

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:12 AM
Samantha409

3 posts · Mar 2010
Thank you for responding so quickly.

I am very new to creating websites/wordpress/html codes. I'm creating this website for the company I work for and I'm the only person in the marketing department so I was the lucky one to get to create the website even though I have no experience with it.

I created all the pages that I want in the second menu bar. I entered the second %page in the header, but now I can't find where the generated code is shown. I looked in the stylesheet, header.php, and main index template.php. Do you know where the generated code will be shown? Sorry for all of the questions. I really do appreciate any help you provide! Thank you!!
Old Apr 7, 2010, 03:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you no nothing about wordpress/html/css or Atahualpa, you may want to consider hiring someone to help and train you. you can post requests for help on the 'Customization, Design, Programming... ' forum (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

also see
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3845 and
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6606