Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Norton Safe Web - how to upload the code??

Old May 10, 2010, 12:56 PM
rontorica

14 posts · Mar 2009
Hello! I sure hope someone can help.

To verify my site, Norton Safe Web is asking me to do this:

To submit the Web site for ownership verification

1. Do one of the following:

a. Copy the following meta tag and paste it into your Web site's home page. It should go in the <head> section, before the first <body> section.

Then it gives me a code

b. Create a file with the following file name and content:

Then it gives me more code. I tried B and it didn't work.

I don't know how to find the place where they want the A option inserted.

I am using Atahualpa 3.2

I tried updating to the latest version of Atahualpa today, but I got the problem where all of the formatting went missing. I saw that others were having that problem, but I didn't see a solution offered yet.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old May 10, 2010, 02:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
first off I would BACKUP YOUR DATABASE. Ok once that is done, I would manually upgrade to 3.4.6 (which has been very stable) - ie download 3.46 to your computer, unzip it, thhe upload teh atahualpa346 folder with all it's contents to your themes folder.

Once you do that you can swap to th3.46 and if things look bad, just swap themes back to 3.2

Once you are satisfied with how 3.4.6 is looking then you can make the move to (hopefully a stable) 3.4.9 - there were big changes from 3.2 to 3.3 and 3.3 to 3.4 so take it one step at a time.

Then when you are on 3.4.6 you can use the Atahualpa option Add HTML/CSS Inserts-> HTML Inserts: Header
Quote:
Add code here (JavaScript, CSS, certain type of HTML) that you want to put into the header section of the website, between <head> and </head>. Note: Any HTML you put here shouldn't be "visible" HTML such as a table or a DIV container. If you put HTML here, then it would be machine parsable code, something like a meta tag, such as:
<meta name="author" content="John W. Doe" />.
which should take care of your need
Old May 10, 2010, 06:49 PM
rontorica

14 posts · Mar 2009
Thanks for your help!
I was able to upgrade to 3.46. So far, the only thing I see I need to fiddle with is my header image.

I tried to put the Norton code in as you suggested. Your directions were very clear! However, when I click on the link Norton provided to Verify that the file is publicly available, I get a page not found error.

In a side note, lately my site has been very slow to load. Perhaps the upgrade will help.

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2010, 08:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Just to check, you can view a page, then view it's source and look for the meta tag you put in. this will show you it's where it's suppose to be.