Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Nivo Silder

Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:58 AM
lakewooditsupport

48 posts · Jun 2011
England, United Kingdom
[SOLVED] Nivo Silder

I wanted the image on my home page to rotate showing different images that are clickable and link to different sections of the website.

http://lakewooditsupport.co.uk

I have tried loads of free sliders and all are a pain and never look clean and link. I don't want captions and overlays just plain images that can be clicked.

I found this : http://nivo.dev7studios.com/#support

and its just what I've been looking for but without the arrows on the images just the bullets under to navigate if needed.

I would pay the $15 but I don't know if it can be linked to different pages and, I'm not really that sharp with java. I would try their forum but I have more trust in you guys.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 01:09 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I like the Cimy Header Image Rotator
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:17 PM
lakewooditsupport

48 posts · Jun 2011
England, United Kingdom
Just thought I would let you guys know how I got on, I finally went and got the Nivo Slider plugin after trying tonnes of others to no avail. Anyway after a good few hours of messing with the CSS I finally got it to look how I wanted :D.

Let me know what you think? and if you see any error at your end. http://lakewooditsupport.co.uk/
Old Jun 21, 2011, 07:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Looks nice... Which Nivo Slide plugin did you use?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:27 PM
apienovi

25 posts · Sep 2011
Lakewooditsupport, Where did you put their suggested php?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You would add a new widget area where you want the slider to appear and then use the php code or in some cases a shortcode in either a php aware or shortcode aware widget.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:10 PM
apienovi

25 posts · Sep 2011
lmilesw, thanks for the quick response! Forgive me but I'm a new to php and any code in general and I'm not sure how to do either of those. I was able to figure out the cimy header rotater by puting the code where %image goes, but this slider seems to require a little more figuring out. Could I ask you to hold my hand and walk me through adding a new widget area where the header image is supposed to go and how to use the php.
Old May 5, 2012, 01:24 PM
jazzthespot

1 posts · May 2012
Canada
I apologize ahead of time for being a beginner user but I really need someones help here. I do have a basic understanding of html and css. I merely want to install a nivo slider into my header in Atahualpa 3.7.6 . I would appreciate very basic step-by-step instructions. Not sure which nivo slider is most compatible with atahualpa theme, any suggestions would be welcomed.
Old May 5, 2012, 01:28 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
This is where the Add New Widget Area function comes in. I would suggest looking at that section of the theme options and play with creating a new widget area. Then when you feel comfortable add a new widget area the Style Header Area box. Now you can put a slider widget in that box in Appearance>Widgets.

I don't believe there is a "best" slider. It depends on what you want to do.
Old May 10, 2012, 03:28 AM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
How do you get the slider to appear above the first excert on the homepage, I have the php code for the slider, just not sure where to put it in.

It should like like here: stadtkometen.de
Old May 10, 2012, 08:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you will have to add a new widget area to the index.php code just above the line
HTML Code:
<?php /* If there are any posts: */

Last edited by juggledad; May 11, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old May 11, 2012, 01:50 PM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
Thank you - again! Worked like a charm, just had to add one single line of PHP code, did not even need to create a widget.

The only trouble I have now is how to center the slider box, I think Atahualpa“s code somehow overwrites the nivo“s code. My URL ist www.tribe-online.de maybe you are able to pinpoint the problem, tried firebug already...

PHP Code:
#pointelle_slider {

margin0 auto;
 } 
Did not work...