Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Formbuilder problems

Old May 8, 2009, 04:33 PM
rachkitty

13 posts · Mar 2009
Hello,

I've been trying to put a form on my site, but I've hit a roadblock and I'm very stuck. I installed Formbuilder from Truth Media, but underneath the text box of my pages I see a little bar that says this:

Error: Unable to load field details from table. [SHOW FIELDS FROM `wp_formbuilder_forms`]

I posted on this last month and people who responded told me that I should have gotten a drop down menu. I think I'm getting that error message instead. I have deleted and then reinstalled formbuilder and it doesn't make a difference (tho when I tried to uninstall following their instructions, it also did not work). I've uploaded from my desktop instead of downloading straight from the site and it still made no difference.

I contacted the formbuilder folks, but still haven't heard back from them.

Sorry to post on the same topic twice, but I'm really frustrated. Does anyone know what might be going on and how I could fix it?

Thanks for any help!

Rachael
Old May 8, 2009, 06:13 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Have you tried another plugin yet? That's not the only form plugin
Old May 10, 2009, 06:37 PM
rachkitty

13 posts · Mar 2009
Thanks. Newbie that I am, I've had a hard time shopping for form plugins because I don't understand a lot of the descriptions... and the ones that described themselves as "contact forms" worried me because I wanted to include more than "name", "email" and "message."

But, in case anyone ever finds themselves in a similar position, I did have a lot of luck with Contact Form 7, which I found by clicking on "plugins" on the admin page and then searching for them there. What helped a great deal were the instructions (http://ideasilo.wordpress.com/2007/0...ontact-form-7/) that told me to go to the "tools" bar to find and edit the form. I never would have figured that out on my own.

The only thing I would change is the size of the text areas... they're bigger than what I need and take up a lot of space.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 04:41 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
I'm diggning into the subject of contact forms now. I'm leaning (but haven't tipped over) towards FormBuilder ... because it seemed to me that Contact Form 7 couldn't be put on a separate stand-alone Contact Page.

I might have missed something in their doc but I certainly came away with that impression.

????

Thanks in advance.