Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header Ad is not clickable

Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:16 PM
Henrietta

10 posts · Aug 2010
NW PA USA
By reading and searching the forum I figured out how move my leaderboard ad to be "inside" of my header (I previously had it floating above the layout in no mans' land).

In the NEW Overlay Header Image

I have this code:

Code:
<div id="header_image_Ad">
<!-- BEGIN RICH-MEDIA Burst Media CODE -->
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
CODE HERE
</noscript>
<!-- END Burst Media CODE -->
</div>

then for positioning I have in CSS Inserts

Code:
#header_image_Ad {position: absolute; right:0px; bottom: 0px; }
It LOOKS great! I love that I figured it out BUT the leaderboard add is not clickable -- by that I mean if you click the ad it just takes you back to my blog homepage, it's like the ad is hidden beneath the header if that makes sense..

I have been searching the forum for over an hour and I'm either finding suggestions that aren't quite right for my situation, or ones that I don't understand. Is there something I'm missing so that my ad will be clickable?

EDIT: I should also add that I am using ATA 3.6.4 and the latest WP update.
And a url would probably be helpful - http://ahensnest.com

Last edited by Henrietta; Aug 31, 2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: add url: And a url would probably be helpful - http://ahensnest.com
Old Aug 31, 2011, 05:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try adding a 'z-index' to your CSS (to find the syntax, go to w3schools.org/css)
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:00 AM
Henrietta

10 posts · Aug 2010
NW PA USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
try adding a 'z-index' to your CSS (to find the syntax, go to w3schools.org/css)
Well that was simple! I had tried using it before as 'z-index:99' without success. I changed it to 100 and it works perfectly! Thank you so much!

Now I just need to figure out why my excerpt have gone haywire on my homepage and started showing as bold I've been searching for an answer but may have to start a new thread to ask.