Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

RSS Widget

Old Feb 23, 2009, 08:03 AM
Kev_wp

9 posts · Feb 2009
The RSS Widget does not work with Feedburner link - only the .xml link on my site. Is there a way around this?
Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:25 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Please explain what you mean with RSS widget and what you're trying to do with it. There's the RSS widget of Wordpress to display feeds of others sites on your own site, and there's also the BFA Subscribe widget to display links of your own feeds, and a Feedburner Email form, on your own site.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:39 AM
Kev_wp

9 posts · Feb 2009
Hi,

I'm using the standard RSS Widget which says 'Entries from any RSS or Atom feed'

This does not work:
feed://feeds2.feedburner.com/Schoolphotopro

But this does:
http://www.schoolphotopro.com/podcasts/SPP_feed.xml

I want to use the Feedburner link as this gives download/subscription stats.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 05:47 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That link looks wrong, should probably be

http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Schoolphotopro

And it looks like you're trying to display your own feed on your own site.

To offer visitors to subscribe to your own site through Feedburner, leave the regular Wordpress feed links, see A. Theme Options -> RSS Settings and install the Feedsmith plugin, see A. Theme Options -> RSS Settings
Old Feb 24, 2009, 06:12 AM
Kev_wp

9 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks for your help.

The top Feed:// link I cut from my Safari browser.