Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

any membership plugins worthwhile?

Old Jan 3, 2010, 08:27 AM
billy2

7 posts · Aug 2009
any membership plugins worthwhile?

Sure would be nice if Flynn built-in subscription levels based on a PayPal scheme. If a anonymous user doesn't donate, they see 'this', if they pay $ they become a true 'subscriber' and also see 'that'.

Old Jan 3, 2010, 11:49 AM
gesman

35 posts · Feb 2009
I am author of MemberWing - and admirer of Atahualpa.
MemberWing - wordpress membership plugin - was built to gain most search engine optimization juice for membership sites where content is mostly hidden.
MemberWing allows you to expose free teasers to all (including Google) and have free visitors to get excited enough to pay to join subscription and see the rest of content.
Idea is simple - just activate plugin and insert premium marker: {+++} between free teaser and premium content and everything after free teaser automatically becomes paid content.

Gleb
Old Jan 5, 2010, 06:36 AM
Rashell

67 posts · May 2009
thing is Atahualpa is a theme not an e-commerce plugin. They're 2 totally different beasts. It's kinda like going to someone who works on cars. Some people are really good at repairing the body work while others are good at fixing the engine.

Atahualpa is for the body work of the Wordpress vehicle.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:29 AM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
A quick note about MemberWing - I investigated it but missed the mention that it requires your hosting site to install and support something called IonCube. My chosen hosting service does not and I chose not to switch just in order to run MemberWing - and lose many other beneficial features my hosting service provides. Too bad, otherwise looks like a good solution - if it could be made to run with out IonCube, I'd jump on it.

Jack
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:31 AM
gesman

35 posts · Feb 2009
In a few weeks I will release version that does not require IonCube.

Beta version almost ready - let me know if interested to test it.
No IonCube any more for next releases.

Gleb
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:29 PM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
Fantastic -- yes, I'm interested - haven't found a better sounding solution as yet.

I'm fairly busy at the moment getting ready for coverage of the Winter Olympics that start in a few weeks, but I do have a Wordpress "sandbox" account set up to test WP and especially Atahuapa plugins and features. Let be know if I can help...

Jack
Old Aug 26, 2010, 06:28 PM
bookmom

42 posts · Aug 2009
I wish I'd seen this when it was originally asked, but for future reference, I've been using Your Member for a year now at my site, Good Life Menus. I have a weekly gluten-free menu service. Every week, I post a new menu, and I want only members to be able to access the menus. Your Member makes it easy for me to have people subscribe and pay. It automates everything for me and has a lot of functionality I haven't even accessed yet. It also has a tag you can put in so that you can make teaser excerpts; it allows for coupons, pay per post, subscriptions, and more, and several levels of membership so you can make any page or post accessible to only the categories of member you designate.

In addition, the support is great! There's good documentations, an active forum, and the developers are very responsive to the customers. It's not a free plug-in, but worth every cent.

I should mention I'm not affiliated with them and not paid to say this. Just a happy customer who came here to solve a problem I'm having when I upgraded Atahualpa, and started browsing the forums.

Last edited by bookmom; Aug 26, 2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: clarify my relationship to Your Member, which is customer