Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Permalinks Custom Structure just gets 404

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 15, 2011, 09:42 AM
RPJ

11 posts · Nov 2011
[SOLVED] Permalinks Custom Structure just gets 404

I am trying to change permalinks to display the page or post name. All the help pages say I should select Custom Structure and enter %postname%. When I do this I get is 404 on all page links.

I also get 404 selecting any of the other options on the Permalinks page.

There is a note at the bottom of the Permalink page which says I should add the following code to the .htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

The help page from the Permalinks page says that I need to add this code to the .htaccess file:

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress

It is very similar and I have tried both versions but I still get 404.

I have checked the FAQ but cannot find a suitable post.

Any idea what I can do to make this work?

I am using Atahualpa 3.7.1
How dumb is this: I do not know which version of WP I am using - where does it tell me? (but I can upgrade to 3.2.1)

Last edited by RPJ; Nov 15, 2011 at 10:05 AM.